Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free
|Green Chili||As per taste||<20||Very Low|
|Tomatoes||1 in number, chopped||<50||Low|
|Turmeric Powder||A pinch||<10||Negligible|
|Salt||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Pepper||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Birista||¼ Cup||<20||Very Low|
|Hara Lassan (Green Garlic)||25g, finely chopped with leaves||<30||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Wash the dals till water runs clear. Retain the water from the last wash and soak for 1 hour in a vessel.
- Once soaked place the vessel on the flame and add green chilies, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt. Make changes in salt and chilies as per taste. Cook the mixture till the dals are soft. Mix well.
- As soon as the dals are cooked immediately serve it in a serving bowl and top it with pepper, prepared barista and chopped hara lassan.
- Now heat the ghee till it is piping hot (very important to make the ghee very hot) and pour over the dal with the toppings. Be careful of the splutter.
- Garnish with a bunch of fresh mint leaves and enjoy with bhajra roti.