Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Naturally Sweetened
|Chicken||500g, boneless and sliced||0||Nil|
|Capsicum||2 in number, diced||<50||Low|
|Spring Onion||2 sticks, chopped||<20||Very Low|
|Onion||2 in number, diced||<10||Negligible|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 Tbsps.||<10||Negligible|
|Green Chili (optional)||2 in number, slit||<20||Very Low|
|Water Chestnut Flour||2 Tbsps.||60||Moderate|
|Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce||5 Tbsp.||<30||Low|
|Coconut or any nut oil (unfiltered)||3 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Salt (mix of pink and regular salt 1:1)||To taste||0||Nil|
|Caramelized Onions||For garnishing||<30||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for 15 minutes with salt and ginger garlic paste.
- In the meanwhile wash and dice all the veggies as mentioned.
- Heat oil in a pan, sprinkle the water chestnut flour thoroughly over the marinated chicken pieces and fry in the oil on both sides till cooked. Keep aside.
- In the same pan sauté the diced capsicums, onions and green chilies for 2 minutes on low flame. Add the Sweet Sour Chilli sauce and sauté for another 30 seconds. Add the fried chicken and toss gently for another minute. Put in the chopped spring onions (save a little for garnishing) and mix well. Add more salt if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions and caramelized onions. Enjoy!