Gluten Free| Low GI| Low Carb | Grain Free
|For the Pie Crust|
|Almonds & Pecans or Hazelnuts||6 Tbsp. each, powdered||<20||Very low|
|Flax meal||3 Tbsp.||<20||Very low|
|Butter||6 Tbsp., melted||0||Nil|
|For the Filling & Topping|
|Cream Cheese||110g, softened||0||Nil|
|Coconut Sugar||4 Tbsp.||35||Very Low|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp., or as per taste||<10||Negligible|
|Blueberries||1 Cup, washed and dried||40||Low|
|Mango||1 in number diced||55||Borderline Moderate|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Favourite Seeds||To garnish, dry roasted||<20||Very Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Mix the powdered almonds and hazelnuts or pecans, flax meal and salt in a small bowl. Pour the melted butter over the dry ingredients.
- Combine and press firmly into your pie pan. Use the bottom of a glass to make sure it is pressed compactly together. Bake the crust for 10 minutes and allow it to cool completely before adding the filling. (Note- For baked pies, chill the unbaked crust 1 hour before filling and baking for better results).
- For the filling- beat the cream cheese and coconut sugar together to form a smooth consistency. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Now fold in the fresh cream. Spread the mixture into completely cooled crust.
- Toss the blueberries and mango cubes with lemon juice in a bowl. Arrange them in a single layer on the cream filling.
- Refrigerate for at least a few hours.
- When served, garnish with roasted seeds and cinnamon.
- Serve and Enjoy!