Gluten Free| Low GI|Naturally Sweetened|Low Carb
|Milk (Whole)||3 Tbsp.||<50||Low|
|Almond Flour or Coconut Flour||2 Cups||<20||Very Low|
|Raw Honey||½ Cup||<65||Moderate|
|Spice – Cardamom/Cinnamon||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||<10||Negligible|
|Vanilla or Almond Extract||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Unsweetened Coconut Powder or Cocoa Powder (optional)||For decoration||<50||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Set up the baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicon baking mates and keep aside
- In a large bowl mix in the butter, milk, honey or your favourite natural sweetener, spices, salt and extract using a hand mixer on medium-speed. Continue till the mixture gets fluffy and light.
- Now add an egg and continue mixing until its light and fluffy.
- Turn down the speed to its lowest and add in the almond or coconut flour slowly till it combines with the mixture thoroughly to form a crumbly texture. Add more flour till the crumbly texture is attained.
- Once it’s the desired texture is achieved turn off the mixture and continue mixing by hand till it forms into a smooth dough.
- Use a piping or pastry bag with a star shaped tip pipe out the dough onto the baking sheets in the form of a snowflake or desired shape. In case the dough gets too thick, add more milk (a teaspoon at a time) and mix.
- Sprinkle the coconut powder/cocoa powder over the cookies for decoration if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 190 degrees celsius, or until they turn golden brown.
- Store it in an airtight container.