Gluten Free | | Low Carb | Low GI | Vegan
|Chickpeas||30 gms, Boiled||<30||Very Low|
|Cumin powder||1 Tsp||<10||Negligible|
|Chili powder||½ Tsp||<10||Negligible|
|Black pepper powder||¼ Tsp||<10||Negligible|
|Coriander powder||½ Tsp||<10||Negligible|
|Lime juice||1 Tsp||0||Nil|
|Garlic powder (optional)||½ tsp||<10||Negligible|
|Olive Oil||1 Tsp||0||Nil|
Note: Opt for organic ingredients, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
1) Soak the chickpeas overnight and next morning drain the water and transfer the chickpeas to a pressure cooker. Cook the chickpeas for 10 minutes and make sure that it is not very soft.
2) Drain the boiled chickpeas and place it on a kitchen towel so that the entire water dries off. Wipe it softly.
3) Mix together all the masalas and lime juice in a bowl except for olive oil.
4) Add in the boiled chickpeas to the bowl and toss well.
5) Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
6) In a non-stick pan heat oil and add the tossed chickpeas.
7) Make sure that the flame is low and keep roasting the chickpeas with a wooden spoon. Toss it gently. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
8) Once the chickpeas turn slightly brown turn of the flame and remove it in a bowl. Let it cool down completely.
9) Store it in an airtight container and enjoy with a Cup of Tea/Coffee.
|ENERGY(Kcal)||PROTEIN (Gms)||CARBOHYDRATE (Gms)||FAT (Gms)|
Huda’s Nutri Meter-
There is nothing better than a handful of crunchy masala chickpeas. An Ideal low calorie healthy snack which will surely win over your taste buds. Chickpeas provide you with a fantastic dose of protein, manganese and folate. It is also a rich source of dietary fiber, which can aid weight loss, help better diabetes management and keep your cholesterol in check. The masala mix spike up the taste of the chickpeas while olive oil gives you the right dose of the healthy fats.