Gluten Free | Grain Free | Naturally Sweetened
|Dried Dates (Kharek)||35G||<50||Low|
|Kesar||A Few Strands||0||Nil|
|All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (Zero-G Rite Flour)||25G||<60||Moderate|
|Raw Honey/Agave||185G (1/3 Cup + 3 Tbsp)||<65||Moderate|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
METHOD OF COOKING
- Slice half the quantity of the almonds and pistachios and ground the other half.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel and add the ‘sliced’ almond-pistachio. Fry it on a slow flame for a few minutes.
- Add the gluten-free flour and continue frying the masala mixture till well blended.
- Add the ‘ground’ almond-pistachio mix into the vessel and fry till you get a nutty aroma.
- To this mixture add the charoli and raisins and combine the mixture thoroughly.
- After frying the masala for a few minutes, slowly add the milk into the vessel and keep stirring it. (If you do not want the Shirkhurma to have too much of the masala mixture then add another 500ml of milk).
- Wash the kharek thoroughly and add it to the milk and cook for 15-20 mins on a slow flame.
- For the colour and flavouring add kesar and continue cooking the mixture.
- Boil the mixture till desired thickness is achieved.
- Add the honey or your favourite natural sweetener to the mixture as mentioned or as per your taste. (Preferably added per serving to achieve desired sweetness).