Gluten Free|Grain Free|Low Carb|Naturally Sweetened
|Watermelon||1 large round from the centre||72*||High|
|Fresh Cream (full fat)||¼ Cup||0||Nil|
|Strawberries||1/3 Cup, sliced||<50||Low|
|Mint Leaves||1-2 Tbsp., chopped||0||Nil|
|Coconut Sugar or your favourite natural sweetener (optional)||1-2 tsp.||<50||Low|
|Cinnamon||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||<10||Negligible|
* This summer fruit may startle you with a high GI of 72 BUT it actually has a very low Glycemic Load (GL) of 4. This is because the small amount of carbohydrate (as its mainly water) in it is absorbed almost instantly but there is so little of it that it won’t have much effect on the blood glucose levels. Besides, watermelon is loaded with antioxidants, high levels of both vitamin C and vitamin A as well as contains lycopene that aids good heart health.
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Cut the watermelon from the center to form a base.
- Combine the fresh cream with your sweetener (can be skipped) and apply over the watermelon base.
- Now cut the watermelon into wedges.
- Slice the strawberries and grapes and top it up.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the fruit pizza and garnish with chopped mint leaves.
- Serve cold and enjoy!