Gluten Free| Low GI| Low Carb | Grain Free | Non-Veg
|Chickpea (Besan) Flour||7 Tbsp.||35||Very Low|
|Salt||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Eggs||2 in number, beaten||0||Nil|
|Fresh Cheese (preferably feta)||¼ Cup||0||Low|
|Mushroom||¼ Cup, diced||<10||Negligible|
|Favorite Herb||¼ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Salt||1/8 Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Favourtie Protein||¼ Cup, shredded||0||Nil|
|Chili (optional)||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Onions||1 in number, small||<10||Negligible|
|Garlic||2 Tsp., minced||<20||Very Low|
|Non-Refined Oils or Ghee||1 Tsp.||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
To make the Wraps:
- In a mixing bowl add the besan flour and salt and combine. Now add water slowly and continue mixing avoiding any lumps.
- On a medium heat non-stick pan, grease pan with any non-refined oils (groundnut oil/coconut oil/ghee). Add half the batter to the pan and spread it around to form a thin layer.
- Cook until golden on both sides (Eat fresh to attain the best taste).
To make the filling:
- Coat the pan with the oil, and sauté the thinly sliced onions over a medium flame, stirring very occasionally. As they turn soft and brown lower the heat and let it caramelize slowly. Make sure to spread the onions evenly across the pan. Occasionally stir so that the onions caramelize evenly but not too often or it’ll turn into a mush. (This can also be done up to a week in advance and kept in the fridge.)
- On a low flame, push the onions to the side of the pan and add your favourite protein if desired and sauté. Add the diced mushrooms and garlic too.
- Now pour in the beaten eggs and slowly stir through until cooked.
- Add the caramelized onions and season with salt, herbs and chili (optional).
To assemble the wrap:
- Place the wrap flat on a plate. Layer it with the lettuce and add the scrambled egg filling in the middle of the wrap. Top it with the cheese (preferably feta) and fold together to create a wrap.
- Place the wrap fold side on the pan to seal the end so ingredients don’t spill out. After a minute flip the wrap till it’s warmed up and Serve!