Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Vegan | Naturally Sweetened
|White Peas||1 Cup, soaked overnight||<30||Low|
|Coconut Oil or Nut oil (Non-Filtered)||1 ½ Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Coconut Sugar||2 Tbsp.||35||Low|
|Red Chili Powder||1 Tbsp. & 2 Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Cumin Powder||1 ½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Salt||1 Tbsp. or as per taste.||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
1 . To make the Dosas-
- Combine all the ingredients under BBQ seasoning in a bowl thoroughly. Store in a jar and can be used for flavoring other healthy snacking ideas. (Make sure of no lumps).
- Add the soaked white peas in boiling water for 7-10 minutes to cook till it softens. Drain and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Now toss the white peas in the oil and add 2 Tsp. of BBQ Seasoning. (Add some more if you want it to be strong on the flavour). Spread them evenly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the white peas for 35 minutes and check them every 10 mins and shake the sheet so that they roast evenly and don’t stick to each other. Be careful to not roast them beyond the said temperature and timings or they will burn almost instantly.
- To make sure it is roasted well and crunchy, taste 2-3 peas in the last 5 mins once cool.
- Remove it and let it cool down. Place it in a bowl and enjoy this delicious evening snack guilt free! (Store excess in airtight container).