Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Naturally Sweetened
Serves: 8 Sticks
|Cherry Tomatoes||8 in number||<20||Very Low|
|Carrots||1 in number, large and diced||<50||Low|
|Yellow Bell Pepper||2 in number, large and diced||<40||Low|
|Cucumber or Capsicum||1 or 2 in number, large and diced||<40||Low|
|Brinjal (Eggplant) or Beetroot||8 slices in number||<20||Very Low|
|Red Cabbage||1 head, diced||<10||Negligible|
|Coconut Oil||1 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Favourite herbs||3 Tsp., powdered||<10||Negligible|
|Salt (Pink and Regular) & Pepper||1:1 ratio as per taste||0||Nil|
|Hung Curds||1 Cup||0||Nil|
|Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce||3-4 Tbsp. or as per taste||<35||Low|
*For fruits and veggies, you don’t need alternatives! You only need to be eating by the season.Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Start with preparing hung curds.
- Wash and clean all veggies and prepare them as mentioned above.
- Soak 8 wooden sticks in water for around 30 mins.
- In a bowl mix together the coconut oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pull out the wooden sticks and poke the veggie slices in the following order – brinjal, red cabbage, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, pineapple, carrots and finally the cherry tomatoes.
- Brush the veggies on the stick with a good amount of the oil mixture and keep aside the sticks sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the dip, add the Sweet Sour Chili Sauce into the hung curds and mix well.
- Heat up the griller until hot and place the rainbow sticks until the veggies are soft and mildly charred. This would take 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Place these Rainbow Veggies on a Stick onto a serving plate with the delicious sweet and spicy dip and enjoy!