Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Naturally Sweetened | Vegan | Lactose Free
|Iceberg Lettuce||2 Cups, roughly shredded||<10||Negligible|
|Red Cabbage||1 Cup, chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Carrots||¼ Cup, shredded||<50||Low|
|Yellow Bell Pepper||½ in size, chopped||<50||Low|
|Red Bell Pepper||½ in size, chopped||<50||Low|
|Green Onions||1 in number, chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Cashew Nuts (unsalted)||¼ Cup||<20||Very Low|
|Your favourite seeds||For garnish||<20||Very Low|
|Raw Peanuts (unsalted)||6 Tbsp.||<20||Very Low|
|Raw Honey||1 Tbsp.||<50||Low|
|Fresh Ginger||2 Tsp., grated||<10||Negligible|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Sesame Oil/Groundnut Oil||1 Tsp.||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- For the salad dressing – Mix together peanut butter*, honey, ginger, apple cider vinegar and oil. Add little water at a time until the desired consistency.
- *To make your own peanut butter, first roast the raw peanuts. Once cooled, grind the peanuts until it turns into butter. Keep scraping down the peanuts in intervals while grinding. Add a pinch of salt. (Add a teaspoon of groundnut oil for creamier peanut butter). If you have ready made organic peanut butter (unsweetened) then use 2.5 Tbsp. of the readymade peanut butter instead.
- Once the dressing is ready, roast the unsalted cashew nuts. Keep aside and let it cool down.
- Now prepare the veggies. Combine together the lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, red and yellow bell pepper, green onions, and the roasted cashew nuts. Toss it up.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and garnish with some roasted seeds of your choice. Squeeze some lime over the salad if desired. Enjoy!