Gluten Free | Low GI | Grain free | Low Carb
|Whole Moong Dal||½ Cup||<40||Low|
|Mushrooms||4 pieces, medium sized||<10||Negligible|
|Green Capsicum||1 medium||<50||Low|
|Cumin Seeds||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Garlic||3 pods, finely chopped.||<20||Very Low|
|Green Chutney||2 Tbsps.||<20||Very Low|
|Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce||3 Tbsps.||<30||Low|
|Fresh Cream||3 Tbsps.||0||Nil|
|Fried Onion||2 Tsp.||<20||Very Low|
|Salt (mix of pink and regular salt 1:1)||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Coconut Oil (any non filtered oil)||3 Tbsps.||0||Nil|
|Coriander Leaves||For garnishing||<10||Negligible|
*Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO
- Soak the moong dal overnight. Drain the water and boil the dal in a vessel with salt water. Cook until soft. Once done keep aside.
- Chop the mushrooms into bite size pieces and slice the capsicums.
- In a pan heat oil. Sauté the chopped garlic and cumin seeds for a few seconds, then add the capsicum and mushrooms continue to sauté for 30 seconds on a low flame.
- Now add the soft green moong dal and mix well. Add in the green chutney mix ( if you don’t have any at hand, blend together coriander leaves, green chillies, salt, cumin seeds and water) for a few seconds. Cover and let it cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce post the 2 minutes followed by fresh cream and mix well. Cook for a few more seconds.
- Serve hot garnished with golden fried crunchy onions and coriander leaves. Accompany with sliced onions, tomatoes and cucumber. Enjoy!