Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free
|Mince of your choice||200g||0||Nil|
|Green Chilies||2-3 in number, chopped||<20||Very Low|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 Tsp.||<20||Very Low|
|Coriander||2-3 Tbsp., finely chopped.||<10||Negligible|
|Virgin Olive Oil (non-refined, not Pomace)||3 Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Fresh Cheese (Cheddar or Parmesan)||20g||0||Nil|
|Egg Yolk||1 in number||0||Nil|
|Fresh Cream or Yoghurt (full fat)||2 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Rosemary or your favourite herb||A few sprigs||<10||Negligible|
|Pepper Powder||1-2 Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Salt (mix of pink and regular salt 1:1)||2 Tsp. for mince and 3-4 Tsp. for Cauliflower||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mince, ginger garlic paste and 2 Tsp. salt. Stir constantly in order to not form lumps. When the colour of the mixture changes add pepper powder and cook till it is dry and the juices absorbed.
- Add chilies & coriander, now keep aside to cool.
- Boil some water and add 3-4 Tsp. of salt. Bring the water to a boil and then add cauliflower florets and steam for 3-4 minutes or more till they are cooked yet firm. Make sure not to overcook the florets.
- Remove the florets from the water and put them under running water to cool (iced water is fine too).
- When cooled down put them in a blender and blend along with egg yolk, cream/yoghurt and butter to a smooth paste to resemble a mash.
- In a bake dish, arrange the mince at the bottom & press it down. Top it with the prepared cauliflower mash.
- Set it with the back of the fork, sprinkle with cheese and rosemary (or herbs of your choice).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 min at 175°c or till the top is golden in colour.
Tip:- Accompanying it with a gluten free and naturally sweetened sauce of your choice can greatly enhance its taste.