Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free
|Methi Leaves (Fenugreek)||3 Cups, chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Matar (Green Peas)||1.5 Cups||<30||Low|
|Whole Milk||½ Cup||0||Nil|
|Full Fat Cream||½ Cup||0||Nil|
|Coriander Powder||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Cardamom Powder||¼ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Stevia||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Salt||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Non- Refined Oil (Groundnut, Sesame or Coconut)||2 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Cinnamon Stick||½ inch||<10||Negligible|
|Cardamom Seeds||3 Pods||<10||Negligible|
|Cloves||2 in number||<10||Negligible|
|Cumin||1 Tsp., whole||<10||Negligible|
|Pepper||4 in number||0||Nil|
|Cashew Nuts||1/3 Cup||<20||Very Low|
|Onion||4 in number, medium sized||<10||Negligible|
|Garlic Cloves||5 in number||<10||Negligible|
|Green Chili||3 in number||<20||Very Low|
|Coriander Leaves||To garnish||<10||Negligible|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Boil water and place the chopped methi leaves for about 30 seconds and then immediately add into a prepared bowl of cold water. Allow it to remain for 2-3 minutes and then strain it. Let it cool.
- Grind the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, nutmeg, cloves, cumin seeds and peppercorns to make a powder.
- Grind the cashew nuts, onions, chili, garlic and ginger into a wet paste.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a deep vessel and add the wet paste and cook for a few minutes till the spices release.
- Now add in the green peas, whole milk, the ground powder mentioned above and coriander powder. Mix thoroughly to blend all the flavours and cook on high flame for e few minutes.
- Add in the methi leaves, salt and stevia and cook for another few minutes.
- Lastly mix in the cardamom powder and full fat cream and continue cooking till everything has blended and cooked.
- Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves and Enjoy!