Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Lactose Free | Vegan
|Lemongrass||2 stalks, white part||<35||Low|
|Kaffir Lime||6-7 leaves||<10||Negligible|
|Thai Bird Chilies||3 in number, slit||0||Nil|
|Galangal or Garlic||2 slices or 2 Tsp., minced||<20||Very Low|
|Garlic||2 Tsp., minced||<20||Very Low|
|Mushrooms||250g, in halves||<10||Negligible|
|Coconut Oil||2 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Vegetable Stock||1 Litre||<50||Low|
|Lime||1 in number, juiced||<10||Negligible|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan and add lemongrass (smashed), galangal, garlic and chilies. Stir frequently while frying till the aromas are released.
- Now add in the mushrooms and cook till soft.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add in the coconut milk and bring to a boil and then simmer.
- After a few minutes, add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste.
- In the same pan add juice of 1 lime and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish the soup with fresh sprigs of coriander generously. ENJOY!