Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Vegan | Lactose Free
Yield – 8
|Cauliflower||3 Cups, chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Cucumber||2 in number||<20||Very Low|
|Coconut Flour/ Dessicated Coconut/ Besan Flour||4 Tbsp.||35||Low|
|Ginger Green Chili Paste||3 Tsp. or as per taste||<20||Very Low|
|Coconut Oil||2 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Salt||½ Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Pepper||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Coriander Leaves (Fresh)||A fist full, chopped||<10||Negligible|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Chop up the cauliflower roughly and steam it till tender. Once done add to the processor and process till the florets turn into chunks. Do not process it into a mash.
- Grate the cucumbers.
- Once both the vegetables are grated squeeze out all the water you can.
- Now prepare a bowl with the coconut flour/desiccated coconut, 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, ginger chili paste, salt, pepper, chopped and washed coriander leaves and the grated vegetables. Mix it all up thoroughly and uniformly. Mould the mixture to form flat tikkis. (Add additional ½ Tbsp. coconut oil in the mixture if you find it difficult moulding).
- Heat the other 1-tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan. Gently add the tikkis on to the pan and fry on both sides till they turn golden brown.
- Enjoy these healthy hara bhara tikkis with the chutney of your choice.