Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free
|Rawas (Indian Salmon) Fillets||450g||0||Nil|
|Egg||1 in number, beaten||0||Nil|
|Whole Fat Milk||2 Tbsp.||<40||Low|
|Almonds||¼ Cup, ground & ¼ Cup, sliced/chopped.||<20||Very Low|
|Favourite Fresh Herb (Rosemary or Thyme)||1 Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Chili Powder||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||<10||Negligible|
|Lime||1 in number for garnishing||<10||Negligible|
|Butter||1 ¼ Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Sesame/Groundnut /Coconut Oil for chips||1 ¼ Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Sesame/Groundnut /Coconut Oil for fish||1 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Sea Salt & Pepper||1 Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
Pumpkin appears to have a high Glycemic Index of 75 but has a very low Glycemic Load of 3. Although the vegetable is high in naturally occurring sugars, the rate of its conversion to glucose is considerably low because of the load. This avoids any sudden surge of glucose levels in the blood stream. Besides it’s a rich source of Vitamin A and soluble fibre that keeps you fuller for longer.
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Preheat oven to 220°C and grease a baking pan. Line another baking sheet with foil. Keep aside.
- Rinse and dry the fish carefully. Cut it into 3-4 pieces as desired.
- For the Baked Chips – Wash and clean the pumpkin. Slice them and soak them in salted water, while you slice. Drain and remove excess water from the chips. Melt the butter and oil. Pour over the chips to coat it completely. Place on prepared baking sheet with foil and bake untill golden and crisp. (For crunchier chips, slice them very thin. Thinner, the crunchier). Coat the chips with desired seasonings. Our personal favourite is grated Parmesan cheese.
- While the chips bake, prepare the almonds. Add ¼ cup almonds in the food processor and pulse until the almonds are coarsely ground and not any futher or it will turn into butter. Now prepare another ¼ cup of almonds by chopping or slicing them up. (Don’t worry powdering them too fine).
- In a large bowl add the besan flour. In another bowl add egg, beat it and then add the milk and combine. This is required to glue the almonds to the fish. In a third bowl mix together – almond crumbs, chopped almonds, herbs and chili powder.
- Now dip each fillets in the flour then the egg mix, shake off the excess moisture, and then roll it gently through the almond crumbs mixture. Place them onto the prepared baking dish and drizzle 1 Tbsp. of oil.
- Bake the fish for 5-6 minutes until fish flakes when tested with fork. Keep checking the fish while baking.
- Once baked, plate the fillets and garnish with lime wedges and herbs. Place the chips around the fish and garnish with your desired seasoning. Enjoy!