Gluten Free| Vegan | Lactose Free| Low Carb | Grain Free
|Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds||50g||<10||Negligible|
|Non- Refined Oil (Groundnut, Sesame or Coconut)||3-4 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Cumin||½ Tsp., whole||<10||Negligible|
|Onion||2-3 in number, medium sized, finely chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Chili Powder||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Coriander Powder||1 ½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Tomatoes||2 in number, chopped||<50||Low|
|Green Chili||1 – 1 ½ Tsp., chopped||<20||Very Low|
|Tamarind Pulp (very thick consistency)||¾ Tbsp.||60||Borderline Moderate|
|Salt||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Coriander Leaves||To garnish||<10||Negligible|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Wash and soak the methi seeds in water overnight and drain the next day. Now boil the soaked methi seeds in water just above the level of the seeds and drain.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add the cumin seeds and finely chopped onions; fry until the onions become translucent and soft.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and sauté it.
- Add the chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix with the contents of the pan.
- Once mixed add in the tomatoes, chilies, salt and methi seeds and combine thoroughly.
- Lower the flame to simmer (very low flame orelse the methi curry will burn) and place a hollow lid on top of it with a little water in it (make sure at any given point no water should enter the pan) and let it sauté for 20 mins. Keep mixing occasionally without letting any water enter the pan from the lid. The water on the lid helps cook the methi dry curry using the steam and without burning it.
- In the meanwhile prepare the tamarind paste. Place some tamarind in a vessel and boil it in water. Once boiled drain out all the excess water and squeeze out all the remaining water from the tamarind using a muslin cloth. This will make a thick consistency pulp for the curry. Make sure the pulp is thick enough.
- After 20 mins of cooking the methi dry curry add the freshly prepared tamarind pulp and sauté for a minute. Taste to check for the salt content.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and top it with a slice of tomato. Serve and Enjoy!