Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Lactose Free | Vegan
|Green Moong Dal||1 Cup, soaked for 1 hour||<40||Low|
|Cucumber||1 in number||35||Very Low|
|Spinach||300g, chopped||<20||Very Low|
|Ginger||½ a piece, chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Green Chilli||2 in number, chopped||0||Nil|
|Spring Onion||½ Cup, chopped.||<10||Negligible|
|Sweet Sesame Vinaigrette||3 Tbsps. or more as per taste||<30||Low|
|Salt (optional)||As per taste||0||Nil|
|Non-Refined Oils||1- 2 Tbsp. for shallow frying||0||Nil|
|Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce||As a dip||<30||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out the water, keep aside.
- Now blend the soaked moong dal to form a coarse paste (not smooth paste) for a minute or less. Transfer into a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the grated cucumber, chopped spinach, ginger, chillies and the spring onion. Mix well.
- Add in the Sweet Sesame Vinaigrette (shake well before pouring) to the mixture and once again combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Add more salt if required.
- Now form small balls and flatten it lightly with your finger.
- Heat a pan and add the oil. Place the pakodas in the pan lightly and fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Sweet Sour Chilli Sauce!