Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Naturally Sweetened
Yield : 1
|Almond Flour||2 Tbsp.||<20||Very Low|
|Desiccated Coconut (unsweetened)||1 Tbsp.||<35||Low|
|Coconut Sugar||2 ½ Tbsp.||<35||Low|
|Cocoa Powder||2 Tsp.||<20||Low|
|Baking Powder||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Egg||1 in number||0||Nil|
|Whole Milk||1 Tbsp.||<40||Low|
|Coconut Oil||1 Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Vanilla (bean paste preferred)||¼ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Banana (Under ripe)||1||<40||Low|
|Coconut Sugar||1 ½ Tbsp.||<35||Low|
|Whole Milk||¼ Tsp.||<40||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Sift the cocoa powder while adding.
- Mix together the wet ingredients except the banana and then add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Separately mash the under ripe banana until smooth add it to the above mixture.
- Place the mixture into a mold and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Keep an eye to not burn the bread.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Melt to coconut sugar in just a few drops of warm water until it forms a thick liquid paste. Now mix all the glaze ingredients together into a clear glaze and keep aside.
- Once the chocolate banana bread is ready and slightly warm, apply the cinnamon glaze onto the warm bread.
- Optional – Decorate the banana bread with a few slices of under ripe banana slices and unsweetened dark chocolate chips. Serve and Enjoy!