Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free
|Pinto Beans (Rajma)||450g, boiled||<35||Low|
|Onion||¼ Cup, finely chopped||<10||Negligible|
|Garlic Cloves||2 cloves in number, minced||<20||Very Low|
|Chili Powder, Cumin Powder||¼ Tsp. each||<20||Very Low|
|Lime Juice||½ Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Olive Oil (not Pomace)||½ Tbsp||0||Nil|
|Salt (Pink: Regular)||As per taste (1:1)||0||Nil|
|Sour Cream (Full Fat)||250g||0||Nil|
|Favourite veggies (spring onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, lettuce)||1-2 in number, chopped||<40||Low|
|Seasoning Mix (chili powder, oregano, cumin powder, garlic powder)||As per taste||<10||Negligible|
|Fresh Grated Cheese||¼ Cup or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Fresh Coriander||For garnishing||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Heat the pan with oil and sauté the onions and salt together till the onions turn soft and translucent.
- Add in the garlic, chili powder and cumin powder, cook for half a minute and then add in the beans and water. Cover and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now remove the cover and mash half of the beans inside while it continues to cook. Let it cook for another few minutes without any lid.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in lime juice. Add more of salt and lime juice as per taste. If too dry add a little water. Let it cool.
- Now combine the sour cream and seasonings as per taste or up to one and a half teaspoon.
- Now assemble the layers as per required. First spread the beans in the serving bowl, now add a layer of sour cream, top it with the chopped up veggies and olives. Now cover it with freshly grates cheese and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Enjoy the cheesy sour bean dip with some of our delicious Tea Snackers and/or seed crackers.