Gluten Free | Low GI | Low Carb | Grain Free | Vegan | Naturally Sweetened | Dairy Free
|Pears||2 in number||<40||Low|
|Cinnamon Stick||½ in number||<10||Negligible|
|Cardamom Powder||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Ginger||1 inch piece, peeled||<10||Negligible|
|Coconut Sugar||¼ Cup||<35||Low|
|Stevia (optional)||¼ Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
|Cloves (powdered)||1/8 Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|Lime Juice||1 in number||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Slice the ginger into thin slices like shreds.
- Boil the water, coconut sugar, stevia, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice and fresh ginger in a saucepan. On a medium flame heat and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and dry the pears. Slice them in two halves and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the pears cut-side down in the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn it around and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- While simmering keep pouring the liquid in the pan over the pears with a spoon to keep it moist.
- Now gently lift the pieces out of the liquid and place it on a plate.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the liquid. (Save the stick for plating the pears). Now boil the liquid again until it thickens into a syrup.
- Drizzle the syrup over the poached pears before serving. Serve warm and enjoy!