Servings: 1 (Yield: 1 Medium Plate)
|Almond Flour||½ Cup||<10||Negligible|
|Blueberry||1 Cup (7-10 In Number)||<50||Low|
|Yoghurt (Unsweetened)||1 Tbsp||<15||Very Low|
|Buttermilk (Unsweetened)||1 Cup||<15||Very Low|
|Lemon Rind||2 Tsp (Grated)||<10||Negligible|
|Bicarbonate Of Soda||¼ Tsp||<10||Negligible|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
METHOD OF COOKING
1. Place the almond flour, bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Place egg, yogurt and buttermilk in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add mixture to flour and mix until smooth.
4. Stir chopped blueberries and lemon rind through the buttermilk mixture.
5. Pour spoon full of mixture into a greased, preheated frying pan over medium heat.
6. Cook for 1 minute in each side or until cakes are golden brown.
7. To serve place pancakes in a stack, add some yoghurt and spoonful honey to enjoy.
Nutritional Chart (Nutrients/Serving)
|Energy (Kcal)||Protein (Grams)||Carbohydrates (Grams)||Fats (Grams)|
Nutritional Comments: A healthy, energy dense recipe to satisfy all your sugar cravings. This recipe has no added sugar – the natural sugars in the berries are enough to give you the perfect taste and balance along with the goodness of dairy and almond flour. Blueberries are diabetic super fruits- they have low GI, are high in fibres and vitamins which aids in improving the insulin sensitivity and glucose control in the body. The addition of buttermilk in this recipes not only contributes to the protein and good gut health but gives unique flavours, this combination is heavenly, have it for your breakfast today!