Gluten Free| Low GI|Low Carb
|For the Burger Buns|
|Cauliflower||1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets to make cauliflower rice – up to 3 Cups||<10||Negligible|
|Fresh Mozzarella Cheese||½ Cup||0||Nil|
|Salt & Pepper||½ Tsp. and ¼ Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Sesame Seeds||1-2 Tbsp. or as required||0||Nil|
|For the Patty & Toppings|
|Favorite herb||1 Tbsp||<10||Negligible|
|Buckwheat Bread Crumbs||¼ Cup||<50||Low|
|Salt & Pepper||¼ Tsp. each||0||Nil|
|Flaxseeds||4 Tbsp., ground||<50||Low|
|Burger Toppings – Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onion, Fresh Cheese.||As per taste preferences||<50||Low|
|Butter||1 ¼ Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Sesame or Groundnut Oil||1 ¼ Tbsp.||0||Nil|
|Salt & Pepper||1 Tsp. or as per taste||0||Nil|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
For the Buns
- Preheat oven to 220°C and grease a baking sheet. Keep aside.
- Put the cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulverize to form cauliflower rice (around 3 cups)
- Cook the cauliflower rice by transferring it into a microwave on high for 8-9 minutes.
- To squeeze out all the moisture, place the rice in a kitchen cloth and remove up to 1 cup of liquid. The cauliflower rice has to be dry to make the buns.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper and the rice. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and form 4 rounds. Add the sesame seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until it turns golden.
- Untouched, let it cool outside for 10 minutes and then take it off very carefully.
For the Patty
- In a grinder pulse the paneer to make a crumble.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg white. Stir in buckwheat crumbs, herbs, salt and pepper. Add the paneer; stir gently to combine. Shape mixture into 1/2-inch-thick patties, using damp hands if necessary. (Add veggies like carrots, peas, french beans, etc if desired).
- In a dish prepare the ground flaxseeds. Dip the patties into flaxseed mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- In a frying pan, add some non-refined oil and cook the patties over medium heat for 10-15 mins till cooked as desired.
- Assemble your choice of healthy toppings as mentioned.
- Now, assemble the burger buns and add the patties as well as the toppings.
For the Baked Chips
- Wash and clean the sweet potatoes. Slice them and soak them in salted water, while you slice.
- Drain water, remove excess water from the chips with help of a clean towel.
- Melt the butter and oil. Pour over the chips mixing it well to coat.
- Bake them in a heated oven at 150/200 °c till golden.
- If you want it crunchy slice the potatoes very thin. Thinner they are crunchy they will be.
- Coat it with your favourite seasonings.