Gluten Free| Low GI|Grain Free|Low Carb|Naturally Sweetened
|For the Crust|
|Almonds||¾ Cup powdered, ¾ Cup crumbled||<20||Very Low|
|Coconut Sugar||3 Tbsp.||<50||Low|
|Butter||3 Tbsp., melted||0||Nil|
|For the Filling|
|Cream Cheese, full fat||900g||0||Nil|
|Sour Cream, full fat||1 Cup||0||Nil|
|Coconut Sugar||1 Cup||<50||Low|
|Vanilla Extract||½ Tsp.||<10||Negligible|
|For the Strawberry Sauce & Topping|
|Strawberries||1 Cup, hulled & chopped||<50||Low|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tsp.||0||Nil|
|Coconut Sugar||2 Tbsp.||<50||Low|
|Strawberries (Topping)||500g, hulled and sliced||<50||Low|
Note: All ingredients used should be organic, free from pesticides and Non-GMO.
- Preheat oven to 150-degree Celsius. Use a springform pan or a baking pan and line the bottom with parchment/baking paper.
- In a food processor grind the ¾ Cup of almonds into fine powder and the other ¾ Cup should be ground coarse.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust thoroughly and press into the prepared pan. Bake at 150-degrees Celsius for 10 mins and remove from the oven.
- For the filling- mix the cream cheese, coconut sugar and vanilla exract with a mixer until blended. Add the sour cream and continue blending till smooth consistency. Add the eggs 1 at a time and blend on low.
- Pour onto baked crust and spread it evenly.
- Follow these steps to ensure the cake comes out crack free- wrap the bottom of the pan in foil and place it in a larger pan. Fill it half way with warm water to make a water bath.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 65-70 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare the strawberry sauce- in a food processor, blend 1 Cup strawberries, coconut sugar and lemon until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Once baked remove the cheesecake and let it sit undisturbed for 50 mins at room temperature. Remove from the water bath.
- Run a knife or spatula around the sides to remove the rim of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top the cheesecake with the strawberry sauce and sliced 500g of strawberries.